Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 8 -- My favorite vacation

How often do vacations not live up to the expectations that were set out. You were promised sunshine, got rain. Needed a stress free week, and somehow things could not have ended more stressful.

Well last July my boyfriend and I went on a trip to California. A trip that promised me to see the Pacific Ocean, Sequoia National Forrest, a trip to visit my cousin in LA, and biggest thing, to meet his mom and sister. I knew I had to make a good impression. I wanted them to like me, after all, I held the newest member to their family in my womb. So like me or not, we had a future together.

We drove to California, and made it with little complications. Met everyone, things seemed to be going good. Was let in on inside jokes, visited things I had never seen before. It seemed like this vacation was not going to be a let down, it was actually going pretty well. Then on our second to last day there, we drove to LA. This is where my simple trip to California started out good, then turned great, and later would turn to the best vacation ever.

Charlie, Jamie Jean (my cousin) and I did the star walk of fame in Hollywood. It was fun. We had gone to Ripley's Believe it or not Museum, saw tons of fun stars (on the ground, lol), walked past a premiere of "Captain America". Then we realized it was getting close to our time running out at parking so we started to head back. Charlie, at one point, stopped at a blank star and asked me to take his picture at it. Then...he proposed to me. It was absolutely perfect.

When we had gotten back to his mom's house, the idea of getting married on the way home got brought up. We could take a small detour home and get married in Las Vegas. That sounded great to both of us, but the problem was, we were leaving in a day. Neither of us knew if we could get it all coordinated in a day.

Needless to say, we did. Everything fell into perfect place. The price, the times, the marriage license. And on July 21, 2011, the tail end of my first vacation west, Charlie (who started out the trip as my boyfriend) became my husband. I was Kari Rose Hache. Life was perfect.


This vacation not only lived up to, but succeed all possible expectations and wants. The perfect vacation.

What is your favorite vacation? How did it surpass all your expectations?

No comments: